Friday, December 16, 2011

Darwin, the Market Whiz

7 1/2 x 10" Charcoal & Graphite on vellum

This charcoal drawing was done as an assignment for my Illustration Portfolio class. It was inpired by the New York Times article by Robert H. Frank.

Unlike the bull elk who are stuck with unwieldy antlers, traits that can serve the interest of individuals but not that of the group as a whole, humans have better options because we can harness our thoughts and actions. So let's stop acting like bull elk but start using our capacity to reason thus solve our current economic crisis.

4 comments:

  1. i really love this illustration. especially the money tree details.. such brilliant skill you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ida. I love your Darwin piece too! I'm really glad that I took the class. I wish I could have more of these assignments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Mcclain for visiting my blog again! And thank you for your encouragement!! I'm trying to keep being motivated to develope my gift however little it may be.. :)

      Delete